Divyank Gupta is a young innovator who has developed a filter-less air purification device. He has set up his company, Novorbis, which is a clean technology startup focused on developing outdoor, industrial and housing air purification solutions.
Simply translated, Novorbis means renewing the world. Accordingly, the aim of his company is to renew the world by reducing pollution and rejuvenating the environment. The team wishes to reinterpret the environment conversation through a fusion of science and art and develop technologies which have a net-positive impact on the environment.
They have developed proprietary Electro-Photonic technology for use in applications in outdoor, industrial and housing air purification units. The device uses electricity and light energy to purify the air and provide molecular reduction of the pollutants and gaseous contaminants. The key pollutants PM2.5 and PM10 are extracted from the air stream and up-cycled with industrial processes to make black ink, anti-bacterial coatings, and nano-tech, scrubbers. With no bag filters used, the device requires less maintenance and covers large areas to provide optimum AQI (Air Quality Index). Approximate Manufacturing cost per unit is Rs 2,50,000 and selling cost per unit is Rs. 5,00,000 (excluding GST). The expected sale forecast for one year is 15-18 Units.
How the product is different from other similar products
- World’s first filterless air purification device
- Based On EPSD (Patent to be filed)
- Uses 1/4th of the energy used by current devices.
- Two-step purification –Inside the device. Outside the device (through the air stream from the device).
- 7.2 billion litres of pure air delivery in one day.
- Electricity consumption in a day is equivalent to a cup of coffee.
- Can be designed for diﬀerent applications.
- Up-cycle the contaminants captured through the product.
- India’s Top 5 Innovation Award by MHRD and AICTE at IIC POC Contest
- Awarded by Padma Shri Shrimati Janak Palta for Best Innovation at PIMER.
- Represented India for Innovation at second delegation GIF at Daegu, South Korea.
- Winner of ASSOCHAM Launchpad regional Series at Indore.
- Winner of Innovation Challenge at UNDP at Delhi.
- Honored as a Brand Ambassador of MHRD and AICTE for promoting Innovations.