GIAN is a nodal agency under the Scheme for assistance for start-ups/innovations (download link)
Benefits to innovators under the new policy
- Assistance up to INR 30 lakh as a seed support to the startups
- Sustenance allowance of INR 20,000 per month to the startups and INR 25,000 per month to women led startups for a period of one year
- For the startup scheme, woman entrepreneur led startup means, any startup founded / co-founded by at least one woman.
- Assistance up to INR 1 lakh per startup for obtaining training in soft skills on reimbursement basis
- Additional assistance up to INR 10 lakh for the startups generating significant impact on the society.
- Assistance up to INR 3 lakh to enroll and participate for national/international recognized acceleration program
- For mid-level Pre-Series A funding of startups, a separate fund under Gujarat Venture Finance Limited (GVFL) for smaller ticket funding between INR 50 lakh to INR 3 crore
- Additional 1% Interest Subsidy, maximum up to 9% on term loans to applicant under the provisions of scheme for assistance to MSMEs.
The following start-ups were approved under the scheme
|1||Automatic Mobile Groundnut Thresher||Pramukh Power||Mr. Nileshbhai Dobariya|
|2||Adaptive wear & clothing||Zyenika||Ms. Soumita Basu|
|3||Cotton Ball Picker||Dharam Agro Industries||Mr. Natubhai Wadher|
|4||Modified Two Wheeler Vehicle For Specially Abled||Freedom Wheels Enterprises||Mr. Jigneshbhai Shah|
|5||Date thinning device||Mr. Kasundra Narendrabhai Pravinbhai|