GIAN invites application for various positions
GIAN (Gujarat Grassroots Innovations Augmentation Network) set up with the active involvement of Government of Gujarat (GoG), Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad and Honeybee Network as a reliable and robust model for incubating innovations from, and for grassroots. More than hundred Innovation based enterprises have been supported so far. It was conferred the National Award for Best Technology Business Incubation by the then President of India Shri A.P.J Abdul Kalam for the year 2003 jointly with IIT Madras by the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), DST, GOI.
GIAN is the first incubator of its kind in the country, which caters to the incubation requirement of/at grassroots since 1997. It links the golden triangle of innovation, investment, and social and/or economic enterprise. GIAN is involved in scouting, screening, prioritizing, value addition, Intellectual property protection, technology commercialization and enterprise development. For more information, visit www.gian.org
1. Project Manager/Manager (Technical & Agriculture): 2 Positions
Essential qualification: Graduates in engineering/agriculture or allied fields with minimum 2 years of experience in product development for mechanical and agriculture innovations.
Desirable: Post Graduate degree in relevant areas
Emoluments: maximum up to 35,000/- per month (consolidated)
Role (s) & responsibilities:
- To source ideas for scaling up innovations from Honeybee database or elsewhere
- To set-up and conduct experiments, value add and validation of technological innovations and herbal practices
- To access technical feasibility of potential innovations, products or services
- To develop project profiles for support by GIAN on its own or in collaboration with SRISTI, NIF or other NGOs, commercial or non-commercial organizations
- To monitor the product development process and liaison with various supporting institutions and individuals
2. Content developer & Editor ( contractual basis possible)
Salary maximum up to Rs 30,000/- p.m. (Consolidated)
Content writer cum copy editor for reports, projects and scientific manuscript for journals etc., is required
Ideally an experience of minimum 5 years in editing of journals related to community knowledge and scientific journals/newsletters, etc., will be great; but in case you just discovered your passion for writing and can convince us, please do apply.
3. Field executive
Prior experience in scouting and documentation of innovations or setting up trials on farmers’ fields is desirable but ability to work hard and travel is essential.
Emoluments: Upto 20, 000 per month (consolidated)
4. Contractual Translator
A translator for Gujarati to English and vice-versa and Hindi to English vice versa for communications, reports and web contents.
Email your resume and a covering letter stating your possible role and contribution to GIAN to email@example.com. For any clarification, call GIAN at 079 26769686.